To connect fiber artists across Interior Alaska and build community through practice, teaching and
learning in the arts of weaving, hand spinning, and related textile arts.
The Fairbanks Weavers’ and Spinners’ Guild (FWSG) is a nonprofit educational organization formed to:
- Act as a conduit for information that contributes to the growth of knowledge in our heritage of weaving, spinning, textiles and fiber arts through meetings, fellowship and related activities.
- Sponsor and support educational events such as workshops, lectures, exhibits, demonstrations and the like that promote weaving, spinning, and fiber arts.
- Encourage improvement of our work through comparison and sharing of techniques.
- Promote interest in our weaving and spinning heritage among members of the community.
The current FWSG board was elected in the general membership meeting, held at Davis Hall April 3, 2022. Officers were assigned and confirmed in the board meeting on May 17, 2022. The board members are:
- Kim Kortenhof (co-president)
- Claire Spann (co-president)
- Kate Hedstrom (vice-president)
- Cathy Egan (secretary)
- Maureen English (treasurer)
- Helen Howard
- Jasmine Johnson-Kennedy
- Chris Waigl
Board meetings are taking place on the first Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm. At the moment, we are using Zoom, though we may meet in the weaving studio.
Our by-laws can be downloaded here.